PreTreat Siloxycoat Surface Coating
‘Bringing New Ideas To The Surface’
Siloxycoat is a clear, ready-to-use polysilazane surface coating, developed by PreTreat to protect and preserve surfaces in a variety of different environments. It is a form of liquid glass that becomes a ceramic coating when it’s been fully cured. When used on a polished or painted surface it bonds to it and provides superior protection in the form of corrosion resistance or resistance to ultraviolet degradation.
Siloxycoat provides a tough, smooth surface by chemically binding to the substrate. The glass-like coating provides scratch-resistant properties which sustainably increase the value retention of the finished product. Due to the highly hydrophobic surface, dirt and dust can hardly adhere and therefore makes the surface easy to clean without the need for reapplication.
The solvent-based systems can be applied to the carrier material via spray or dip coating, roll-to-roll application or spin coating as well as wipe-on for smaller areas. It offers extraordinary adhesion to almost all substrates and can withstand temperatures up to 400°C.
Siloxycoat is dry-to-touch after 30 minutes. Full performance is achieved after curing for 7 days at room temperature. Alternatively, faster curing for full performance can be achieved in 1-2 hours at 130°C.
- Excellent corrosion resistance
- Exceptional adhesion on substrate
- Outstanding durability
- Easy-to-clean properties
- Prevents bonding of graffiti agents with substrate, allows “minimal effort” removal
- Clear / transparent surface coating
- Chemical resistance / UV resistance
- Simple application methods
- Ambient temperature curing
- Easy cure by cross-linking at room temperature & removing the need to bake on coatings