Speciality Chemicals For Metal Finishing Industries
PreTreat is a company dedicated to the supply of speciality pre-treatment and ancillary chemicals for the manufacturing and metal finishing industries.
We are ISO 9001 – 2015 accredited and have a wide technology base which covers all requirements and meets performance demands.
The present range of more than 100 standard products covers all types of phosphating, chromate and chrome-free conversion coatings, as well as specialist cleaners and related processes.
We formulate, distribute and technically support all our products which we solely manufacture here in the UK.
PreTreat Speciality Chemicals & Processes
Speciality Chemicals For Aluminium & Its Alloys
Products inc: Cleaners and Degreasers, Alloy Wheel & Paint / Powder Coating Stripping, Derusters & Descalers, and Anodising Dyes
Processes inc: Paint and Powder Removal, Film Forming Processes, Anodising Processes, Chrome Free Conversion Processes & Laser Cut Edge Oxide Scale Removal
Speciality Chemicals For Mild & Galvanised Steel
Products inc: Cleaners and Degreasers, Derusters & Descalers, Dewatering Oils & Specialised Rinse Additives
Processes inc: Film Forming Processes, Phosphating Processes, Chromating Processes, Chrome Free Conversion Processes, Laser Cut Edge Oxide Scale Removal and Titanium-Zirconium Technology
Chemical Dosing & Control Equipment
Companies are now, more than ever before, looking to control their manufacturing processes to reduce costs, reduce effluent and improve quality.
PreTreat are able to supply, fit and set up chemical controllers for your process tanks and rinses and will continue to provide ongoing support to their customer throughout.
About PreTreat Ltd
- Established in 2006 PreTreat Ltd is a company dedicated to the supply of speciality pre-treatment and ancillary chemicals for the manufacturing industry.
- The present range of more than 100 standard products covers all types of anodising, phosphating, chromating and chrome-free conversion coatings as well as specialist cleaners and electro-plating-related processes.
- All products are manufactured here in the UK. We formulate, manufacture, distribute and technically support all of our chemical systems.
- Our warehouse on the border between West Yorkshire & Lancashire stocks all required raw materials and products. Under normal circumstances, the delivery lead time is 3-5 working days.
- We are ISO 9001 – 2015 accredited and have a wide technology base which covers all requirements to meet performance demands.
- Walterisation is our sister company, originally founded in 1936, and incorporated into our company in 2016, bringing with it a wealth of experience and expertise.
‘Bringing New Ideas To The Surface’
Bespoke Consumable Products
As well as the development, manufacture and supply of a wide range of speciality chemicals and processes for metal finishing industries, PreTreat also offers a range of complimentary consumable products too.
Here is just a small selection of our most popular products.
Our range of Pre-Treatment Paint Preparation Wipes has been created for the treatment of metal substrate prior to powder coating or wet-paint finishing.
Not only do they clean but they also apply a protective coating that helps bond the paint to the surface for improved corrosion protection.
Their main purpose and usage is in manufacturing environments where parts to be treated are too large, or quantities too small, to justify dip applications, or no booth exists to spray an etch primer.
A polymeric-based coating formulated for use in high-temperature paint ovens. This product is applied to a sheet of steel or aluminium, wrapped in aluminium foil, by a paint roller.
Then pass through the oven to trap airborne particulates that may otherwise be deposited on freshly painted surfaces.
The coating remains tacky for extended periods of time at temperatures up to 250° C.
Available in Gloss, Satin or Matt finish, our Touch-Up Pens provide a simple and easy solution to repair and refinish scuffs and scratches on any colour of Powder Coated Paint surface.
Simply follow the instructions to mix a small amount of the original powder coating paint to the pens’ transparent base compound to ensure a good quality finish and colour match.
Touch dry in around 20-30 mins and fully dry within 8-10 hours, our Touch-Up Pens are ideal for fast results!
Siloxycoat is a clear, ready-to-use polysilazane surface coating, developed to protect and preserve surfaces in a variety of different environments.
Application to the carrier material can be either via spray or dip coating, roll-to-roll application or spin coating as well as wipe-on for smaller areas.
Once applied and fully dried it creates a permanent barrier by chemically binding to the substrate.